11-Oct-19 It is probably not surprising that River North has the hotel voted best in Chicago by readers of Condé Nast Traveler but what is arguably surprising is which River North hotel was picked.
The 130-room ACME Hotel Company on East Ohio Street was voted the top hotel in Chicago in the travel magazines 2019 Readers Choice Awards. It beat the Four Seasons Hotel, The Langham, The Peninsula, The Ritz-Carlton, Waldorf Astoria, and 14 other decidedly large and upscale hotels.
(Left) Guest room at the ACME. Images obtained from ACME Hotel Company.
Condé Nast Traveler called the ACME Hotel a hipster hotel and raved of its free 100 MB bandwidth Wi-Fi, Amazon Echos, ESP Guitars, cocktails, and Jacuzzi. The awards, announced on October 9, are based on responses from 600,000 readers around the world.
We are humbled by this honor and thankful to all who voted, said Gene Kornota, Principal of Rebel Hospitality, owner of ACME Hotel Company. Our team embraces a spirit of hospitality and adventure in all that we do.
The top 20 hotels in Chicago all located in River North, Gold Coast, or the Loop according to Condé Nast Traveler...
- ACME Hotel Company, 15 East Ohio Street
- Virgin Hotels Chicago, 203 North Wabash Avenue
- Chicago Athletic Association Hotel, 12 South Michigan Avenue
- Waldorf Astoria Chicago, 11 East Walton Street
- Viceroy Chicago, 1118 North State Street
- The Gwen, 521 North Rush Street
- Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel Chicago, 221 North Columbus Drive
- Thompson Chicago, 21 East Bellevue Place
- The Ritz-Carlton, 160 East Pearson Street
- The Langham, 330 North Wabash Avenue
- The Blackstone, 636 South Michigan Avenue
- Conrad Chicago, 101 East Erie Street
- theWit, 201 North State Street
- St. Jane, 230 North Michigan Avenue
- The Peninsula Chicago, 108 East Superior Street
- Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, 120 East Delaware Place
- Kimpton Gray Hotel, 122 West Monroe Street
- Kimpton Hotel Monaco Chicago, 225 North Wabash Avenue
- Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, 401 North Wabash Avenue
- LondonHouse Chicago, 85 East Wacker Drive
By Steven Dahlman | Loop North News | email@example.com
Published 11-Oct-19 4:33 AM
FREE WEEKLY EMAIL UPDATE
Whats news in the Loop and Near North neighborhoods of downtown Chicago.
Signup for our weekly email. No ads and no charge. Just enter your email address here...
Number of subscribers:
See this weeks update
The St. Charles Singers
, recently hailed by American Record Guide as ‘a national treasure,’ will present their Candlelight Carols
. A Yuletide tradition since the choir’s founding in 1984, the holiday concert will, for the first time, feature seasonal songs grouped by themes: mystery, hope and wonder, and joy. 7:30 p.m., Fourth Presbyterian Church, 126 East Chestnut Street. Tickets: $40 for adults, $35 for seniors 65 and older, and $10 for students. Map
. More info
A highly-anticipated and much-revered holiday experience in Chicago, the 19th Annual One of a Kind Holiday Show
will return to The Mart (formerly Merchandise Mart). Offering shoppers a one-stop shopping and entertainment experience, the show features work from over 600 talented artists, artisans, and makers from across North America and beyond, as well as gourmet cafes, live music, a thoughtfully-curated fine art gallery, and much more. Shoppers are invited to indulge in one of the city’s most unique events for shopping, gourmet goods, and live entertainment during the holiday season. 222 West Merchandise Mart Plaza. Tickets: $12 per adult for all four days. Children 12 and under are free. Map
. More info
Biggest Gainers & Losers
354.09 UP 8.41
205.99 UP 2.54
MB FINANCIAL INC.
42.38 DN 1.52
CME GROUP INC.
205.96 DN 1.47
Downtown Chicago Stocks